TRUCKS, TRAILERS AND HEAVY HAULERS TPMS
Operating a truck fleet on African roads can be a daunting task. Tyre damage and destruction not only summounts to the cost of the tyre, but decreases fleet efficiency through standing time.
Tyreco/Valor has developed a system that monitors actual tyre pressure and temperature, allowing proactive checking of tyre pressures prior to and during a journey. Valor’s system will detect any abnormal change in tyre pressure or temperature, however slight it may be and provide instant feedback to the driver.
The system allows you to mix and match any truck with any trailer within your fleet without having to re-program anything.
All wheel positions and updates are automatically synced between the horse and trailer’s components, keeping your assets on the move.
When hauling heavy or unequal loads, the weight distribution can place some tyres under higher loads, increasing their internal pressure. This makes these tyres more susceptible to damage on adverse road conditions. The Valor system can indicate overloaded tyres to the driver, allowing for proactive and dynamic tyre and load management.
Insulate your vehicle and assets against accidental blow outs, tyre destruction, accidents and most importantly downtime.
Drop and hook technology
With Valor’s Drop-and-Hook Technology there is no need to re-program your TPMS system each time a horse and trailer is combined. The trailer and horse’s TPMS transceivers automatically syncronises once the transceivers are a short distance apart. The distance is comparable to a hooked trailer distance.
Horses can be matched with any trailer ensuring optimal usage of your fleet. Swopping of tyres requires sensor re-programming on the transceivers to ensure the correct tyre positions are indicated to the driver.
How it works
Sensors are internally mounted to the wheel rim using a steel strap. Sensors are independent of the tyre and valve arrangements, allowing for replacement of either without having to replace the sensor.
The internal sensor captures actual tyre pressure and air temperature information then transmits these via secure radio frequencies to the antennae and receiver unit. Information is then displayed in real time to the driver on the dashboard screen.
Telematics and cloud based data storage solutions are available for fleets. Background data analysis and reporting can assist with optimizing fleet operating costs.
Internally mounted sensor monitors both temperature and pressure.
Data is received wirelessly from the sensors and transmits it to the transceiver.
The display visualizes the individual tyre & axle position for easy read interface data in real time. (Tyreco offers various displays depending on preferences & solutions)
Tyre Pressure Sensors
- Internal sensors provide safety and prevent damage
- Monitors tyre temperature and pressure
- Real time monitoring 24/7
- Battery life between 5 to 7 years
- Easy to install
- Internal sensors are robust, reliable and secure free from theft or damage.
The Tyreco/Valor TPMS provides REAL time warnings for:
- High Pressure
- Low Pressure
- Slow & Fast Leakage
- High Temperature (over 175º F/79º C)
Fleet Management software integration
- Tyreco offers fleet management or tyre management software to consolidate the fleet’s tyre pressure and temperature data on a centralized platform.
- The solution is integrated with Geotabs’ web based fleet management software.
- TPMS Data is transmitted through the Geotab GO devices and tyre health can now be managed from anywhere, through your “MyGeotab
- Fleet Management” interface.
- By installing the software, you can now focuses more effectively
- On fleet performance rather than spending time worrying about the Tyres.